GREAT DENHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Great Denham Parish Council was created in 2007 to serve the needs of the local community. The initial 249 houses will gradually be increased by another 1500. We aim to represent your views and concerns as the community grows.This web site exists to ensure that as developments in Great Denham progress everybody in the community has the opportunity to keep themselves up to date with the latest news – have your say, sound off, give your views, express your concerns become interactive and have some impact! Members of the Parish Council want to change the way traditional councils work. We want to truly act for all the parishioners and give honest and best judgement by being informed and in touch with all views, so what better way than through this site?
Each Council member has an email address which you can find under "Councillors" in the navigation menu on the left hand side of this page. You can also see who your Parish Council members are by visiting this section of the site.
The agendas for our meetings and the agreed minutes can be found by clicking on "Official Council Documents" in the navigation menu. A newsletter is published quarterly which you can see on the Newsletter page.
*NEW CYGNET BUS SMARTCARD LAUNCHES 1ST OCTOBER - SEE NOTICEBOARD FOR MORE INFO *
* NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING ON MONDAY 2ND OCTOBER 2017. SEE COUNCIL DOCUMENTS/PARISH NEWS FOR AGENDA *
* MEET YOUR MP - ALISTAIR BURT IN GREAT DENHAM, SEE PARISH NEWS FOR MORE INFO*
* PUBLIC CONSULTATION MEETING ON EAST MIDLANDS RAIL FRANCHISE - MONDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER AT PARK INN, BEDFORD 6PM TO 8PM. FOR MORE INFO AND TO SIGN PETITION SEE PARISH NEWS *
* THIS MORNING'S ACCIDENT ON ANGLIA WAY: the Parish Council have been speaking to Bedford Borough and DWH as a matter of urgency and an agreement is underway between both these parties to get some temporary emergency yellow lines and parking ban for the whole area of the junction between Anglian Way and Saxon Way. As soon as we have an update on actions and timescales we will update the community.*
* ANNUAL AUDIT FOR 2016/17 HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETED. TO VIEW COMPLETED EXTERNAL AUDIT RETURN GO TO COUNCIL DOCUMENTS *
* UPDATE FROM MEETING WITH STAGECOACH RE NUMBER 11 BUS SERVICE. SEE PARISH NEWS FOR DETAILS *
* TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF SECTIONS OF FOOTPATHS 1,3 AND 32. SEE PARISH NEWS FOR MORE DETAILS.
* NOTICE OF CASUAL VACANCY ON GREAT DENHAM PARISH COUNCIL. DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE *
* THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THE COMMUNITY FUNDRAISING RACE NIGHT EVENT AT THE COMMUNITY HALL ON 7TH JULY. OVER £2400 HAS BEEN RAISED FOR THE CHARITIES INVOLVED. LOOK OUT FOR MORE EVENTS IN THE FUTURE *
* NEW TIMETABLE FOR NUMBER 11 BUS SERVICE FROM 3RD SEPTEMBER 2017. GO TO PARISH NEWS FOR DETAILS *
* ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FROM MUNICIPAL CHARITIES BEDFORD - GO TO PARISH NEWS FOR DETAILS *
* FARE REDUCTION FOR NUMBER 11 BUS SERVICE FOR TRIAL PERIOD. GO TO PARISH NEWS *
* OPEN SPACE MAINTENANCE CHARGE - UPDATE *
* LOCAL PLAN TO 2035 - FIND OUT MORE *
* OPEN SPACE CHARGES - GO TO PARISH NEWS PAGE FOR LINKS TO INFORMATION ON BOROUGH COUNCIL WEBSITE *
*GO TO OUR NEW POLICING AND CRIME PREVENTION PAGE TO GET INFORMATION & ADVICE*
PLEASE GO TO OUR PARISH NEWS PAGE FOR ALL THE LATEST INFORMATION AND UPDATES ON THESE AND OTHERS ISSUES