GREAT DENHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Great Denham Parish Council was created in 2007 to serve the needs of the local community. The initial 249 houses will gradually be increased by another 1500. We aim to represent your views and concerns as the community grows.This web site exists to ensure that as developments in Great Denham progress everybody in the community has the opportunity to keep themselves up to date with the latest news – have your say, sound off, give your views, express your concerns become interactive and have some impact! Members of the Parish Council want to change the way traditional councils work. We want to truly act for all the parishioners and give honest and best judgement by being informed and in touch with all views, so what better way than through this site?
Each Council member has an email address which you can find under "Councillors" in the navigation menu on the left hand side of this page. You can also see who your Parish Council members are by visiting this section of the site.
The agendas for our meetings and the agreed minutes can be found by clicking on "Official Council Documents" in the navigation menu. A newsletter is published quarterly which you can see on the Newsletter page.
*FIRE IN COUNTRY PARK FRIDAY 13TH JULY - ANYONE WITH ANY INFO ON THIS PLEASE LET THE POLICE KNOW BY CALLING 101 AND REFERENCE CAD526 ON 13 JULY *
* Great Denham Primary will be hosting its annual picnic in the playground next Wednesday 18th July at 2pm. The children will be singing outside for their families so there will be some noise from the music system. There will also be a rehearsal at 11am for an hour. Every effort will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
* PLANNED CHANGES TO TIMETABLE FOR NUMBER 11 BUS - PLEASE SEE PARISH NEWS FOR MORE DETAILS *
* TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE ALONG KINGSWOOD WAY - DATES TO BE CONFIRMED BUT EXPECTED TO BE MONDAY 23RD JULY TO MONDAY 30TH JULY 2018. ROAD CLOSURE REQUIRE FOR WORK TO SEWERS. DIVERSION VIA GREENKEEPERS/MERCIA ROAD/SAXON WAY - FOR MAP OF DIVERSION ROUTE SEE HERE*
* CHANGE OF DATE - NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE ON MONDAY 9th JULY 2018 *
* MAYOR AND BBC CHIEF EXEC ATTENDED NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING ON 4TH JUNE - PARISH COUNCIL WILL CONTINUE TO RAISE CONCERNS OF RESIDENTS - SEE GREEN SPACES PAGE FOR MORE INFO *
*ANNUAL AUDIT 2017-18: PERIOD OF THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS WILL COMMENCE ON MONDAY 4TH JUNE AND END ON FRIDAY 13TH JULY. ALL AUDIT DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE VIA OFFICIAL COUNCIL DOCUMENTS PAGE *
* ALL PARISH COUNCILS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR) WHICH COME INTO FORCE ON 25TH MAY 2018. TO VIEW OUR PRIVACY NOTICES AND UPDATED POLICIES PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICY PAGE *
* OMS - SEE PARISH NEWS FOR BOROUGH COUNCIL INVESTIGATION REPORT MENTIONED AT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 14/5/18 *
* GRASS-CUTTING - GREENKEEPERS RD/SAXON WAY - BOROUGH COUNCIL WILL NOW BE DOING ON BEHALF OF DWH - SEE PARISH NEWS FOR MORE INFO*
* IMPROVED TRAFFIC FLOW MARKINGS IN GREAT DENHAM RETAIL CENTRE - PLEASE DRIVE WITH CARE AND ATTENTION *
* NEW OPENING HOURS FOR PUTNOE WALK-IN CENTRE FROM 1 APRIL 2018. MONDAY - FRIDAY 8AM TO 6PM/SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 8AM TO 5PM (INC BANK HOLS) *
* INTRODUCTION OF PARKING RESTRICTIONS IN GREAT DENHAM - FOR MORE INFO SEE PARISH NEWS *
* FOR INFORMATION ON OPEN SPACE MAINTENANCE PLEASE SEE NEW PAGE "GREEN SPACES/OMS" LINK FROM LEFT-HAND MENU *
* NEW GRANT PALMER BUS SERVICE NUMBER 11 IN OPERATION TO BEDFORD RAILWAY STATION FROM MONDAY 5TH MARCH 2018 (PEAK TIMES) - FOR MORE INFO VISIT PARISH NEWS *
*TECHY TUESDAYS AT THE COMMUNITY HALL - SEE NOTICEBOARD FOR MORE DETAILS AND DATES *
*UPDATE ON BUS SERVICES FROM GREAT DENHAM VIA STATION - FOR FULL DETAILS SEE PARISH NEWS *
* BECOME A MEMBER OF BEDFORD HOSPITALS TRUST - SEE PARISH NEWS FOR MORE INFORMATION *
* WELL DONE CHILDREN AND STAFF AT GREAT DENHAM PRIMARY SCHOOL - FOR LINK TO LATEST OFSTED REPORT SEE PARISH NEWS *
* BIN COLLECTIONS 2018 - SEE NOTICEBOARD FOR SCHEDULE OF DATES *
* SEE PARISH NEWS FOR DETAILS OF MEETING WITH BEDFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL RE PARKING *
* ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FROM MUNICIPAL CHARITIES BEDFORD - GO TO PARISH NEWS FOR DETAILS *
* LOCAL PLAN TO 2035 - FIND OUT MORE *
*GO TO OUR NEW POLICING AND CRIME PREVENTION PAGE TO GET INFORMATION & ADVICE*
PLEASE GO TO OUR PARISH NEWS PAGE FOR ALL THE LATEST INFORMATION AND UPDATES ON THESE AND OTHERS ISSUES